Sorbietrees Bed and Breakfast has quiet and comfortable accommodation in double and twin/family room, (single persons are accommodated in a double or twin room) with views over the surrounding fells and woodland. The rooms are quiet, attractive and well appointed, each having colour TV and DVD player, clock radio, generous hospitality tray and complimentary toiletries. Robes and slippers are also provided. All bedrooms have working window shutters.
We pride ourselves on being a true Bed and Breakfast and by that we mean that Sorbietrees is very much our home shared with our guests and therefore to preserve the character and original features of Sorbietrees our standard rooms do not have tiny en-suites or wash basins in the bedrooms but each have their own bath or shower room just a few steps from their respective bedroom. Our standard rooms can also be let together to families and friends which gives the option of sleeping up to 6 people in separate beds sharing 2 bath/shower rooms.
Our huge en-suite room with super-king bed and sofa has been refurbished for this season and has a spacious bathroom with double-ended bath and separate shower. It is truly luxurious and ideal for a special occasion.
Our accommodation also includes a cosy guest lounge with log fire where you are welcome to sit and watch television, read (we have a selection of books which you are free to borrow during your stay) to play card or board games or just relax.
Guests are also welcome to sit in our garden to enjoy the scenery and wildlife (including red squirrels).
We have ample private parking and secure lock up for motorcycles and bicycles and drying facilities for outdoor clothing.
We offer a lift to the local pub and back for an evening meal for cyclists without vehicle back up and can provide packed lunches (prior notice preferred but not compulsory).
- From £30 to £50 per person per night including breakfast
- Horses by negotiation, depending on facilities required
- Please contact us for special short break rates (min 2 night stay) normally available from November to February inclusive, (some dates excluded) or enter your dates on the calendar to view offers and book on-line
- Dogs £10.00 per dog regardless of duration of stay (1 dog per room)
- Open throughout the year
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Unless by prior arrangement, check in after 4pm and before 10 pm (if you plan to arrive after 7pm it would be appreciated if you could let us know an approximate arrival time). Check out by 11am on day of departure.
- Sorbietrees is a "shoe free house" - we do provide slippers
- Responsible dogs and their well behaved owners are welcomed. All dogs must be towelled off clean and dry and feet thoroughly wiped before entering the main house (ample towels are provided). Please do not allow your dogs on the beds or furniture and we request that dogs are not left alone in the bedroom unless they are in a cage and do not bark or cry.
- Sorbietrees has a "No Smoking" policy inside the house and the stable yard